Thursday 9 August 2012

Happy (belated!) birthday Mum!

Mum's birthday was on 21 July, so you can see how far behind I am with my blogging!  Luckily, nothing super exciting is happening in my life right at the moment, so I can leisurely catch up on posting about Mum's Canadian trip.  For her birthday, I wanted Mum to experience some of the great live music in Calgary, so C and I took her to the Ironwood Stage and Grill in Inglewood, a well known live music venue.  It's a terrific venue where (providing you book early) you can sit right up near the stage and enjoy dinner and drinks before (and during if you wish) the performance.  The show we saw was Amos Garrett, a local blues/jazz musician performing with his jazz band.  Amos was quite a unique character (at one point stopping the show to remove a moth from the inside of his nose!) and the music was wonderful.  It was a fun and enjoyable evening and only served to whet our appetite for the Calgary Folk Festival which was just around the corner.

Mum with her happy birthday necklace

Girls and present in pastels (and white dog)

Live music at the Ironwood for Mum's birthday

No comments: