Monday 11 August 2008

Feeling slightly inadequate.....about the size of my camera

I have finally made it to the Olympics and it is so much better than I ever expected. The Dressage yesterday was amazing, such talented riders and it was fantastic to be so close to the competition. But the highlight so far has definitely been the Cross Country this morning (despite the rain and my tiny camera compared to other peoples HUGE ones!). It was so easy to walk around the course and to stand so close (2-3 metres) from the jumps and the competitors. The jumps were (as to be expected!) massive and there were some fairly tricky tests for the competitors. The atmosphere was amazing, everyone was so friendly and proud of their countries. It was amazing to see competitors who I have grown up reading about and watching on TV in real life! Am currently walking and eating my way around Hong Kong and loving it (although if I eat too many more Portugese Egg Tarts, I may need a new wardrobe by the time I get to Shanghai!). Am catching up with a friend tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to a familiar face (I'm sick of asking for a table for one!). Going to the Grand Prix Dressage on Wednesday night and off to Lamma Island tomorrow for a day of no cars and 'the best seafood in Hong Kong'!

No comments: