Sunday 31 August 2008

What we found at the Temple Markets.....

Three of us decided to venture out to the Temple Markets this morning and we found an array of interesting things...........pet turtles, tattoos, poodles with orange ears, reindeer penis', fighting crickets, Chinese style baklava (they love their bakeries over here, must admit the crossaints are not bad!), yummy satay sticks (don't ask what sort of meat it was!), and all sorts of other things you would normally find at a market! I did manage to leave with a few carefully selected items - a 1000 piece puzzle (for 'team building' on the first day at school tomorrow!), a bag for the gym that cost $1.50 (it's amazing how much you sweat here!) and another piece of artwork. At the rate I'm going, I will have enough art to open a gallery when I get home! I loved this piece though and I love hearing the story behind the art. With the help of my phrase book, I managed to work out that this piece was done by an 80 year old man with a long grey beard from Shanghai! Off to gym (a fairly safe addiction at the moment!) and then head massage before an early night, ready for 6.30am bike ride to my first day of teaching at EtonHouse tomorrow. Take care, Anna.

No comments: