Tuesday 12 August 2008

Off the beaten track....

The last two days have been wonderful, hardly any tourists in sight! Yesterday I spent the day on Lamma Island where I walked the length of the island from one village to the next. Along the way were two beaches and it was a relief to be able to stop for a swim - the humidity was insane (79% to 96% according to the news last night). First beach was great, lovely and clean, the second not so....I got out as soon as I saw a condom float past me! At the last village, I stopped for fresh seafood which the island is known for, yum! This morning I ventured out into the New Territories, to a town that all Hong Kongers I spoke to haven't heard of. The town was Kam Tin, where there is an amazing walled village dating back to the 16th century, it was renovated in the 1720s, how modern! Off to the GP dressage tonight then onwards to Shanghai tomorrow, where the real adventure begins!

No comments: