Thursday 23 April 2009

The art of mindfulness ....

Since living in China, I've taken up the practice of writing down my goals and sticking them to the fridge to help motivate myself and keep me on track. I'm on my second lot of goals, after Amy ceremoniously ticked my last lot off for me, and one of the goals is to 'Practice the art of mindfulness'. This goal stems from my interest in Buddhism and my enjoyment from meditating regularly. Being mindful is important to me because I am always so busy and often find it difficult to step back, see the bigger picture and really enjoy life. I find it hard to switch off and calm my mind. So, by practising the art of being more mindful, I am trying to live in the present moment, enjoy life and appreciate the fortunes I have.
Borocay
So, the point of writing about my new goal, is to let my dear readers know that, for the next week, I won't be writing my blog - I will be 'living in the present' whilst on holiday in the Phillippines. I'm not taking a computer, a phone or any work documents with me. The holiday is about pure relaxation and enjoyment. As Amy and I get each other worked up with excitement over escaping Wuxi to a sunny destination for a week, here are some of the things we are looking forward to - cocktails on the beach, trashy magazines, runs on the beach (For me at least! Must keep up my training!), enjoying the hotel's private beach cove, relaxing next to the swimming pool, eating fresh fruits, sleeping in, going on glass bottom boat trips, chick lit books, playing games of 'Uno' and playing with the new frisbee I bought. Unless, of course, I find an internet cafe to load some photos to make everyone back at home jealous!

No comments: