Thursday 2 April 2009

More holiday planning .....

Sushi chef.

The 'A Team' (Amy and Anna) were back at it yesterday, entertaining ourselves in Wuxi. Take two girls, add fresh sushi, chocolate, several bottles of wine and the internet and you have a whole lot of laughs and silliness. I picked up some fresh sushi from one of my new favourite places in Wuxi (yes, I still love you Uberfood!), some cheap red wine and headed home where Amy I decided to plan the summer holidays.

Rena and the other lovely waitresses.
Sushi in the making.
My mother threw me into a state of confusion yesterday, when she suggested that I return to Australia for the whole of the summer holidays - 'You need some 'R&R' in clean air' were her words. So, now I'm not sure what to do. I kind of feel guilty about not travelling for at least part of the summer because it would be a good chance to see a lot of new things in an extended period of time. But, at the same time, it would be great to spend 6 weeks at home. Healthy take away.
Not so healthy afterwards - wine and Easter bunnies.
I think that I have reached a compromise and therefore a decision in my mind - I will head home for the whole summer and do a road trip with mum, Lexie and Charlie up the NSW coast line and then meet Amy for a week in Raratonga, a place I'd never heard of before, but I love the name! Then, head back to Melbourne again for a week or two before returning to Wuxi to start the new school year. That's my thinking at the moment at least! For now, I'm looking forward to escaping Wuxi this weekend and heading to Beijing.
Researching the next holiday.
Oooooo, Raratonga!

2 comments:

Anna Davidson said...

Thanks for your advice Rach!! I'm so confused about what to do.

Fi said...

If you do come back to Oz, I hope you'll fit in some time to meet up with the T-Birds!!!