Tuesday 21 April 2009

Red Label (aka Dookie, Spookie, Spooks) ......

Dookie and I at a dressage competition some time in 2007.

Yesterday was a sad day for me here, as it marked the 1st anniversary of my beautiful Dookie's death. It only feels like yesterday that I went to go for a ride and discovered Dookie with his entire hock (back 'knee') split open, barely able to walk. The next few days were awful, as I visited daily to assess the situation until finally, on 21 April, I had to make the horrible decision to put Dookie to sleep. I was lucky that I was able to have such an amazing 13 years with Dookie, he was an amazing horse, full of character and spirit (read - very naughty!). I am also very lucky that Anita and Ben were so kind as to let us bury both my special horses - Fantasy, who passed away in February, 2005 at the ripe old age of 37, and Dookie, another 'oldie' at 24 - at their farm under the gorgeous trees, Fantasy by the Yarra River, and Dookie in his paddock. The whole Davidson family will always have so many memories of both Dookie and Fantasy.

Rob and I at the State Dressage Championships in 1998. He is on my old pony, Aquila.
Rob and Fantasy - Pony Club Christmas rally dress up parade!
Rob, Fantasy and Charlie on the beach in Tasmania.
Rob and Fantasy - not sure where this was taken.