Friday 10 April 2009

A quiet Friday night .....

Sparkling shiraz and hot cross buns - yum!

It was a relatively quiet night in Wuxi last night as I was exhausted from my recent trip to Beijing as well as a big week at work. After finishing work, I raced home to do some stair training (100 flights thank you very much!) before heading out for a civilised dinner with good friends. It has become a bit of a tradition for Amy and I to gather at one of our apartments before we head out to have a few drinks and listen to a few laid back tunes before putting on the party music.

Nat impersonating Tony's flirtatious face.

A fun, stress-free night at the Paulaner was exactly what I needed. Fish and chips were on the menu to celebrate Good Friday (although we did have chicken for lunch at school!), enjoyed with more sparkling wine. Good food, good wine, good conversation, some dancing, good friends - what more could I ask for on a Friday night whilst living in China?!

Yes, Pete danced again!

I'm having a quiet day at home today, some tidying up needs to be done after a whirlwind of a week. I head into Shanghai tonight, ready for my first running race in China tomorrow morning - an 8km run in the Pudong area of Shanghai, amongst all the sky scrapers. Fingers crossed that it's not as smoggy in Shanghai as it is here in Wuxi at the moment. I have some inspiration for the run that I'm hoping will speed me up - I want to have enough time after the run to head to City Shop to stock up on Easter eggs! I hope that everyone is enjoying their Easter weekend - be sure to eat lots of chocolate!

Last time it was Tony's tongue in my ear....it had to be done! Tony and his girls!
Bubbles in the cleavage?! Not sure why I am looking so serious.
Ahh, the happy couple!
The term 'attention seeker' came to mind with this guy - funny the first time, not the following 50 times!
Burberry cigarettes?? Only in China!
A bit of a silly dance!
Jazz hands on the dance floor.

No comments: