Thursday 27 August 2009

Hot and humid = Slow and lethargic

As you can see, I'm still unable to upload photos and centre the text, something that doesn't sit well with my slight OCD tendencies! I like everything perfect. And perfect the weather is not here in Wuxi at the moment. It is stinking hot and extremely humid. When I step outside the house, I'm instantly covered in sweat, feeling sticky and horrible. Thank goodness for air conditioning and cool showers. The most frustrating thing in the heat is the lethargy that seems to come with it. By mid afternoon, I'm feeling exhausted and going to the gym is the last thing I feel like doing. Yesterday, I went for a morning run thinking that if I exercised in the morning I wouldn't feel so lethargic. This seemed to work but I'm not sure about breathing in the smog that early in the morning, particularly since I've just returned from the fresh Australian air. Onwards I will go though, hitting the gym tonight after my first Chinese lesson after 6 weeks of no practise - Ahhhhhh!

1 comment:

Amy Martin said...

Join the club!!!! So hot, humid and sticky here! I feel your pain! xo