Friday 8 January 2010

The beginning of the next adventure ....


View from my new classroom


Yesterday morning, I bid farewell to Melbourne and to my wonderful family and set off on the next adventure.  I was slightly nervous as I got off the plane, wondering what my new employers and students were going to be like.  My nerves quickly dissipated, the family are wonderful.  Both parents are down-to-earth, friendly and a lot of fun.  The kids are polite, confident and were very keen to show me around their home.  After a seaside lunch, we went apartment hunting in the township of Manly (their place is about a 10 minute walk into 'town', situated about 30 metres above the water on a cliff top).  The apartments we looked at were all very small and basic, but liveable for the 3-4 months that I will be here in Manly.  Whilst we continue to look at others and I settle in, I am basing myself in the 'school room', a 2 bedroom apartment beneath the family's home.   At night time, I was quickly introduced to the way of life here with an evening sail on the harbour and drinks at the Manly Yacht Club.  The next few days will be spent going over the curriculum that the kids have been working on as well as getting to know the kids.  What a tough beginning to my new job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Anna, that looks great! We will keep reading your blog about your next adventure and hope to meet you again soon!

xxx
Virginia and Peter