Sunday 31 January 2010

Manly cafe culture ....

My favourite working cafe ... just one of the many cafes in Manly


Manly is filled with cafes and I am slowly working my way through them all, although I have developed some favourites already.  Cafes were something that I really missed in China where the only cafes on offer were Starbucks or dodgy Chinese cafes trying to be western cafes.  I love sitting with a book, the paper or some work and having a pot of tea and a little piece of cake.

My two favourites here in Manly are the one above, where I can sit in the upstairs lounge with my computer and get a heap of work done without the distraction of watching people pass by (another great thing about cafes!).  My other favourite is giving me a good reason to do lots of running .... it's a cafe with a huge selection of yummy crepes.

There is something social about sitting in a cafe, even if you're by yourself, which is handy for me because I really don't know anyone here, so it's nice to get out of my apartment and feel a little more social!  

Right now, I need to  go and run off that 'Manly Crepe' from lunch!


The 'Manly Crepe' ... a yummy crepe concoction filled with yoghurt, banana, strawberries and walnuts


No comments: