Thursday 28 October 2010

A whirlwind trip to Melbourne ...

In fact, my trip to Melbourne was such a whirlwind of catching up, eating and drinking that I forgot to take any photos, so I apologise for the lack of visuals accompanying this post.  The trip was quite crazy.  Three jetlagged nights staying in three different places, driving all over Melbourne - Yarra Valley, Point Cook, Collingwood, Eltham, Fitzroy, Fairfield - for quick catch ups with family and friends, and drinking far too much wine and eating far too much food.  I was thrilled to be in Melbourne to take my baby brother out for a 25th birthday dinner, finally meet a good friend's 4 month old baby, meet some of C.'s friends and see my family.  Obviously, I was trying to show off Melbourne to C. in the hope that he'll fall madly in love with the city and want to move here.  Right now, I'm sitting in Virgin Blue's 'The Lounge' drinking wine while waiting for my flight to Brisbane.  I've been here since early this morning thanks to Tiger cancelling my flight.  I had to pay an extra $300 for the only available Virgin Blue ticket which just happened to be a corporate ticket, hence my entry into 'The Lounge'.  I'm looking forward to 8 days of relaxation in Brisbane while C. works - plus, it will be my first (and probably last) visit to the World Lottery Trade Show.  Reading, running, sleeping, swimming ... what is not to look forward to?

No comments: