Tuesday 10 May 2011

Big dogs, small dogs ...

I'm not sure who is taking up more room on the couch ... Belle certainly looks happy using my rear end as a pillow

On the weekend, I looked after the two ranch dogs, while their owner, the resident cowboy, was away.  I'm not used to having big dogs around, having grown up with terriers - Australian Silky, Cairn, West Highland -  since I was small.  So, it came as some surprise when both dogs, Belle and Malibu, wanted  to jump on the couch with me on Saturday evening.  I certainly wasn't going to be squashed up at one end of the couch, so they had to be satisfied with taking turns.  As much as I loved having the dogs around, they were just too big for a small apartment.  Hence the reason why I'm planning to get West Highland terrier some time in the next year.

Two dogs, one mother - plenty of room for everyone on the couch!

No comments: