Tuesday 31 May 2011

A visit to China ...

Okay, I'm struggling to contain my excitement here.  Because ... I'm going back to China!  C is visiting Shanghai for business in the first week of July (he goes twice a year) and I happen to have that week off, so I decided to join him.  As I have written about before, I really miss China, so I'm super excited about heading back there to visit friends and enjoy the things that I miss so much about China.  Unfortunately, most international schools will have finished for the year, meaning that many of my teacher friends will have already departed for a summer holiday in their homeland, but my Chinese friends and several other expat friends will still be around.  I'm also excited to share a Chinese experience with C since it is how we first got chatting when we met a year ago.  Here are the things I'm looking forward to:

Massages ... every day.


Visiting the tailor and getting a new wardrobe made.


Eating street food.


Showing C my 'home city' of Wuxi.


Catching up with Ashley, my old work colleague and dear friend from Melbourne.


Catching up with my Chinese friends (and hoping that they'll take me to some secret shopping and eating destinations in Shanghai!)


Catching up with Wuxi friends, Peter and Virginia (and meeting their baby, Senne) and any others who might be around.


Shopping at the Hongqiao Pearl Market.


Shopping for DVDs.


Eating at Uberfood.


Eating real Chinese food.


No comments: