Monday 9 May 2011

So still, so quiet, so peaceful ...

Morning view from my living room balcony

This weekend was an incredibly quiet one for me as I worked hard on my uni assignments for 3 full days.  The only relatively exciting events were an evening workout/dinner date with C, a couple of Skype calls to Australia and a walk involving a run-in with three loose bulls (hey, that's life on the ranch for you!)  Because I work best in the morning, I got up super early each morning and wrote in my PJs with a pot of tea and the fire crackling.  The mornings are just so beautiful here in the foothills of the mountains.  The sun coming up, layers of mist coating the hills, the mountains in the background, frost on the ground.  It's so peaceful and and calming.  And productive.  I managed to get some great writing done this weekend in such a beautiful setting with few distractions.

And from my bedroom balcony ... that's Malibu the dog, not a coyote!

No comments: