Thursday 26 May 2011

A stroll along Gonzales beach ...


As I mentioned yesterday, Victoria is a great city.  In fact, it is the city I'd most like to live in, given the choice of Canadian cities.  It reminds me a lot of Hobart (small, close to the water, filled with quaint old buildings) and has the added advantage of being close to Vancouver (for flights to Australia!), in amongst the Gulf Islands and close to the US (hang on, is that an advantage?!).  There are so many great neighbourhoods, all close by to the water and downtown.  C and I spent Sunday afternoon driving through my favourite neighbourhood, Oak Bay (think big old homes with beautiful established gardens and water views).  We stopped at a small beach, Gonzales beach, and got out for a stroll.  As we walked, we watched kayakers enjoying their time on the water, sea lions enjoying their time in the water and dogs enjoying their time on the sand.  Hmmm, I could easily live here!


No comments: