Friday 20 May 2011

An eventful but slow blogging week ...

C's homemade birthday cake - wholewheat, low cholesterol chocolate cake with raspberry coconut icing ... mmmm!!

This week has been an eventful one.  On Monday, it was C's birthday, so I took him on a bike riding adventure along the Bow river and then to a famous steakhouse for dinner.  On Tuesday evening, I drove myself to the emergency department of the Oilfields General Hospital (yes, this is oil country as well as cowboy country) with an incredibly painful stomach.  There, I spent 7 hours being prodded and poked and finally hooked up to an IV drip.  The problem?  Pancreatitis due to dehydration caused by too much wine and green tea.  Just a little embarrassing.  Wednesday bought my first ever parent teacher interview on the other side of the table.  Kind of weird considering I don't actually have any children of my own.  Wednesday also bought the tragic death of a much loved polo pony here on the ranch.  Thursday was a day of rest for me, given that the family have disappeared to Salt Spring Island for an extended long weekend.  I spent most of the day getting over my illness, with a little help from endless episodes of Sex And The City.  Today, I finally roused myself to begin my second university assignment.  And tomorrow, I head off to Victoria for the long weekend with C where we will be celebrating his parents' 50th wedding anniversary (sans the champagne for me!).  Here's hoping that next week isn't quite so eventful ... or painful.

No comments: