Tuesday 7 June 2011

Early morning on the ranch ...

During each work week, I spend about two nights in the city at C's place.  I'm super lucky because I get the best of both worlds - the country lifestyle and the city way of living.  However, spending a weeknight in the city means an early start the next morning as I need to drive the one hour home to the country and get ready for work.  It's often a beautiful time to be out driving as there are few cars on the road and I get to see some lovely sights - the mountains as I drive along the highway and then some stunning wildlife as I enter the foothills and head up the (long) driveway to the ranch.  I normally spot a herd or two of deer and I regularly see the ranch's resident grey owl.  I always carry my camera with me in the hope of spotting a moose, but I often miss them or only end up getting a grainy picture from the car.  Here are just two sights I saw last week ... 

Spot the owl!

A baby moose

(Didn't find the owl?  It's sitting on the top right hand side of the gate!)

No comments: