Monday 21 November 2011

A flying visit to Melbourne ...

Thanks to cheap flights in Australia, whilst I'm here, I'll be able to make several trips to Melbourne to visit family and friends.  This weekend, I had a crazy whirlwind two day trip during which I managed to spend time with my Mum and brothers, dine out for every single meal, drink far too much, visit my Grandmother, enjoy the Spanish Festival in Fitzroy, catch up with some friends and make a trip out to Monash University to learn more about writing a thesis next year.  It was a full-on weekend and now I'm back at work for a rest!  But, it was a wonderful Melbourne weekend and I can't wait until the next one!

Paella at the Spanish Festival

Lexie, enjoying the sunshine at a St Kilda cafe

The Christmas pudding, hanging at my Grandmother's place, ready to be eaten on 24 December!

My hydration for the weekend

(As an interesting aside - It took me five different modes of transport to get home last night! Tram, bus, plane, train and boat!)

No comments: