Thursday 17 November 2011

Manly the movie set ...


On Tuesday, both kids arrived at school to tell me that they had stumbled across and watched the filming of a movie being made in Manly.  7 year old R told me that it was all happening at 'Australia's version of the Great Wall of China.'  This perplexed me just a little and after some prompting, I learnt that she meant St Patrick's Seminary, which sits high up on the hills overlooking Manly Beach.  11 year old B told me that the movie will star Leonardo diCaprio, but I didn't believe him, thinking that perhaps there would be a greater deal made of such a big star being in little old Manly.  But, after some Googling, we discovered that, yes, Leo is in town for the filming of The Great Gatsby, which is being directed by Baz Luhrmann and also stars Carey Mulligan.  So Manly is not just a sleepy beachside 'village' but a rocking Hollywood movie set!

No comments: