Thursday 24 November 2011

It's raining, it's pouring ...

That's right, it's pretty miserable in Manly at the moment.  For over a week now, I haven't seen the sun shine.  It's simply been grey skies and rain.  It hasn't stopped me doing my usual outdoors things like walking to work or walking on the beach.  There is something wonderful about walking on the beach in the rain.  It's also been pretty good because I don't feel guilty about sitting inside studying.  I have a few 'indoor' projects on the go at the moment - my Canadian studies work, writing a thesis proposal, learning about the American Revolution so that I can teach it to 11 year old B in January and sorting through old photos, letters and memorabilia to work out what is a reasonable amount to take to Canada.  The only downside to this rain (and the accompanying coldness) is that I didn't bring any rain gear or very many cold weather clothes, so I've been wearing pretty much the same 1-2 outfits for the past week.  Whilst I'm happy for the rain now, I hope that it clears up for the end of next week when Mum arrives for a 10 day visit!

No comments: