Wednesday 3 March 2010

Becoming a student again ....


This is about how big I felt at the NSW State Library

Yesterday, I put on my student hat and entered the NSW State Library.  It wasn't a planned visit, I had a medical examination (for my Canadian visa) in the city, which was scheduled to go for 2 hours but ended after only 30 minutes (because I was super healthy or because they decided I wasn't healthy enough to enter the country?!  I'm not sure).  So, I had a few hours to kill before my dinner date with an old school friend.  As I wandered, I stumbled across the library and thought I'd check out their education resources. It took me right back to my Deakin uni days of searching for articles on databases etc.  After a quick crash course in it all, I was on my way.  Two hours later, I left with a pile of articles to read .... now I just need the motivation to actually read them! 


No comments: