Monday 15 March 2010

First US trip .....

That's right, I'm in the process of booking my first US trip ...... to Orlando, Florida, theme park centre of the world.  Now, I'm not into theme parks at all, so you may be wondering why I'm going.  Well, a friend, former colleague and fellow blogger (http://learningau.wordpress.com/) recently returned from the ASCD annual conference in San Antonio, so I thought I'd look into what other conferences the ASCD offers.  I discovered their summer conference (http://www.ascd.org/conferences/summer_conference/2010.aspx) had a focus on a lot of the curriculum areas I'm interested in, so I promptly got permission from the boss, and signed up.  It was great fun looking through all the sessions and choosing which ones to go to.  In the end, I went for a wide range ....... Understanding by Design in the early years, EAL, interactive whiteboards (yes, we're getting one for the school room in Canada!), formative assessment and what education means in the 21st century.  I even have free accommodation because my boss' grand daughters go to uni there, so I can stay there and experience American uni life as well!  Now I just need to book my flights and my ticket to Disneyland!



1 comment:

Warrick said...

How exciting Anna; that sounds wonderful. I learned a lot about the UbD implementation at ASCD10, and there's some other interesting work going on around pedagogy too (like that GANAG stuff I blogged about)