Wednesday 1 September 2010

Ah, the fresh air ...

The smoggy view across the street from my apartment in China

It seems that my 'Wuxi Wheeze' has returned.  Several weeks ago, the bushfires in British Columbia (according to the British Columbia Wildfire Management Branch, as of yesterday, there have been over 1500 wildfires this year, burning over 320, 000 hectares of land) were particularly bad and the smoke reached as far south as the family's ranch, just south of Calgary.  A thick smoke hung around the hills surrounding the ranch for about a week.  I chose to go running on several of these days and immediately afterwards, my throat clogged up and I developed a lovely phlegmy cough.  It feels exactly like I've been spending time in the Chinese smog.  I'm hoping that some fresh island air will clear it up.


And looking down to the street from the 26th floor

No comments: