Friday 17 September 2010

Another mother/daughter trip ...

My Mum is a great person to travel with.  We like the same things - walking, talking, drinking champagne, visiting art galleries, trying new things, stopping for coffee and cake -  so she makes an ideal travelling companion.  Not to mention, she's my Mum which means that we can have a disagreement and not feel offended for very long.  We've had some great mother/daughter trips over the years, beginning when I was 18 and in England on my GAP year.  That first trip through England, Wales, Ireland, Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary was pretty special ... despite the fact that her first words to me after 9 months apart were "Look how fat you are!" or something along those lines.  Since then, we've been on some fun road trips in Australia and last year, she visited me in China, with her old friend, Libby.  Mum is always up for an adventure ...

First night in China ... showing off our legs as we head to the Grand Hyatt spa


Speed dating ... Chinese style 

Eating dessert at Uberfood

Karaoke at my Wuxi apartment

The penis for 'later generations'

Applying lippy on the Great Wall of China

In just a few hours, I'll be picking Mum up at the Vancouver airport and there is no doubt that we will begin another mother/daughter trip with several glasses of bubbles!

No comments: