Thursday 16 September 2010

Feeling blah ....

It's cold, grey and foggy here on the island at the moment.  It's been threatening to rain all week.  I've been confined to my cottage in the woods with two sniffling children who are spreading germs all over the place ("Yes, you do need to blow your nose!").  So, it is not surprising that, despite my high intake of fruit, veggies, water, Cold FX and vitamin C, I am feeling like rubbish.  Plus, I just found out that Charlie, my dog who lives with Dad, has just had surgery to remove a cancerous tumour.  It's been a great week (not).  Thankfully, I have something to look forward to ... Mum arrives tomorrow!  After a half day of school, I head into Vancouver to meet her at the airport before heading into town for a much needed glass of bubbles.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Now that winter is approaching, might be time to invest in some Vitamin D. Can't guarantee that will help, but it certainly helped me last winter!

http://vanaussiedaily.canaussie.com/musings/the-long-winter-darkness/

Anna Davidson said...

Thanks for the suggestion Jared! Luckily, I'm heading back to Australia for the winter ... the family I work for spend the Canadian winter on the beach in Sydney! Not bad, hey? But, until then, I think I will get some Vitamin D!