Thursday 2 September 2010

A morning walk ...

Working as a homeschool teacher has many benefits, especially those revolving around my lifestyle.  For example, I have loads of time off to explore this beautiful country and to work on my Masters, I get paid a good salary for my relatively short hours and I get to do lots of fun stuff with the family.  But, the downside is that, during the school day, I don't move around so much.  In a normal school environment, teachers are on the move all the time - supervising students in the playground, pacing around the classroom and racing to meetings.  I hadn't realised before, but all that running around burns a lot of energy.  Energy that isn't being burnt now that I am sitting down to teach all day.  Despite the fact that I am still exercising a lot, my body has responded by slowly getting a little bigger.  To tackle this, I decided to kick start my metabolism with a brisk walk down the driveway each morning.  Here are some pictures of a morning walk last week.









No comments: