Monday 13 September 2010

The Globe and Mail ...

Something I've really missed since I've been in Canada is the weekend newspapers.  Back at home, it is a little routine luxury for me to buy the papers, settle down with a cup of tea and while away the morning.  Reading The Age online just isn't the same.  I love the ritual of taking the paper apart, section by section and reading each piece in my preferred order (main section, lifestyle and travel sections followed by sport ... the business section goes straight into the recycling bin).


A few weeks ago, I discovered The Globe and Mail.  Since then, I've been hooked.  I love the daily 'Life' section and the weekend edition has great travel and review sections.  My only gripe is that it doesn't have any of the 'Sunday' magazines that I love so much.  Luckily, my favourite columnist, Sarah Wilson posts her columns online.  Reading her 'Sunday Life' column with a cup of tea on Sunday morning provides a remnant of my Australian weekend paper ritual.  But, thanks to The Globe and Mail, I can now get back to my weekend habit of lazing about with the papers.

No comments: