Tuesday 24 February 2009

Another year closer to 30 ......

My 27th birthday - Picnic at Hanging Rock.

I'm not that excited about turning 28 - I feel like I should be a little more grown up. Everyone keeps telling me that 28 is a sexy age though, so maybe I have a good year ahead of me? As hard as it might be to be grown up, sexy and sophisticated here in Wuxi! I actually feel a little homesick today because I would normally be spending my birthday with family back at home. But the Davidson family are currently all over the world - Mum is in Jordan, Dad is in Canberra, Tom is in Melbourne and Rob is in the UK. What a well travelled family!!

My gorgeous family (minus Dad).

So, because they are not here to celebrate my birthday with me, I thought I'd share them with the world by posting some pictures of them and indulge in a little 'I love my family/my family are great' rant! I know that I may be biased and that everyone thinks their family is wonderful, but mine really is, sure we're not perfect but we always have a good time together and support each other when we need it. There are so many things that I love to do with each of my family members - I love going for a walk with mum and then chatting over a glass of wine, talking to my dad on skype and seeing him with the dogs on the video, training in the park with Tom and going for a horse ride with Rob (when the horses were alive) and more recently travelling around China with him. All the Davidsons will visit me here in China at some point while I am here and I can't wait to share those special times with each of them. I can't forget my grandmother either - I love having chats with her on skype and receiving her packages of magazines and DVDs.

My wonderful family! Grandmother and the grandkids.
Well, there is my moment of self indulgence today. I'm looking forward to a lovely dinner with my family of friends this evening - at the nanna hour of 6pm I was informed by my friend, Kate! We do have to allow time for a delicious 4 course meal, followed by a massage though. And yes, as my aunt Jenny guessed correctly, my birthday dinner will be at Uberfood! I hope everyone has a lovely day as well.
Ahh, how cute - Tom and I very proud of our new baby brother, Rob.

No comments: