Wednesday 25 February 2009

Birthday celebrations....

What an international group - China, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Germany were all represented at my birthday dinner.

It was off to Uberfood last night to celebrate my birthday with lots of good food, good wine and good company. Most of us enjoyed the four course meal of sea bass with asparagus, salmon salad, beef with risotto and a selection of desserts - yum! All washed down with sparkling wine of course - bubbles on a birthday are a must, I say. Amy, Azusa and Tracy were very sneaky in organising a birthday cake, complete with sparklers, for me. It was my favourite Uberfood cake - mousse cake topped with strawberries.

Hazel about to begin her huge salad! Azusa is the dessert queen.
I was very spoilt, with wonderful presents, including a 'party recovery' kit from the German girls (Kiki, Justy and Barbara), with lots of other lovely treats as well. Since it was my first birthday away from home, I also treated myself (ah, the joys of internet shopping!) with some Trilogy beauty products and an accidental purchase new CD off itunes (warning - be careful where you click when you are looking at 'Pumping Iron' CDs for $120 each!). Chocolate mousse birthday cake - yum!
Hazel and Tracy look on as I make a mess of cutting the cake!
After dinner, it was off for a foot massage and a cup of tea, to allow for the delicious but filling food to settle before going to bed! I'm looking forward to my 29th year, another year filled with challenges, surprises, new experiences and lots of fun.
Do I feel tall or what?! Apple (on the left) who baked my lovely birthday cake and Patricia who always looks after us at Uberfood.

No comments: