Wednesday 23 June 2010

The hotel experience ....

View from my room 

The Holiday Inn.  It's been a while since I've stayed at a Holiday Inn (Bali, 1993, I think) but because I don't stay in hotels very often, I am not complaining.  It's a far cry from the Gaylord Palms Resort where the conference is being held, but hey, I have a room to myself!  With two huge beds.  And a clean, private bathroom.  And fluffy towels.  Heaven for a hostel girl.  Having said all that though, hotels are definitely not as fun as hostels.  The hotel experience is turning me into a slob.  Each night, I find myself lying in bed, eating dinner (and ice-cream), watching Criminal Minds (my latest TV series addiction) in my PJs.  What a lazy life.  I need to enjoy it while I can because tomorrow, I'm back to the hostel scene in Miami.  To tell you the true, I'm really looking forward to it.  Bring on 7 snoring room mates, a top bunk and a crowded bathroom.  But, hopefully there will be some interesting people to meet and good conversations to be had.

No comments: