Wednesday 5 September 2012

Early morning in Osoyoos ...

Early morning at Osoyoos Lake

Each morning in Osoyoos, I took Abbey for a walk along the edge of the lake.  Early morning is always such a peaceful time of day and each morning I had interesting conversations with other dog owners and locals.  Along one particular stretch of the lake, Abbey was especially keen to get down to the water edge.  At first, I was unsure of why that might be and then I saw the reason ... lots and lots of dead salmon (all fairly big) washed up on the shoreline.  It's salmon spawning season and these salmon had come all the way from the Pacific Ocean, spawned and then died.  And Abbey thought that it might be fun to roll in them.  But, despite the cruel temptations of the masses of dead fish, each morning Abbey and I enjoyed the early morning stillness of Osoyoos!

Dead salmon

No comments: