Saturday 1 September 2012

Back to school!


It's that time of year again (for everyone in the world except Australian and New Zealanders) ... back to school!  Hence why I haven't been blogging this week, despite all good intentions.  I haven't done a beginning of school as a classroom teacher for four years.  That, coupled with my 'I'm-not-getting-paid-over-the-summer-so-I'm-not-going-to-go-into-school-early' attitude meant that the two staff days before the kids arrived were incredibly chaotic and stressful (it was a bad time to take a break from wine!)  At 9pm on Tuesday night, I was finally as ready as I'd ever be for the kids to arrive on Wednesday morning.  As I am teaching Grade 4 this year, all the students in my class are new to the school so I was expecting 25 shy and nervous girls but they are such a great group of girls - super chatty, confident and a lot of fun.  It was an exhausting week and I'm definitely thankful for some rest and rejuvenation this long weekend before getting back into it all again on Tuesday morning.  It's going to be a great 10 months in class 4C!

No comments: