Monday 24 September 2012

iPad mania ...

Songza, my new favourite app

This year, the school I'm working at is running an iPad pilot program ... with the Grade 4 classes.  That means that every single girl in Grade 4 gets a brand spanking new iPad of her own for the year.  Can you imagine the excitement level in my class when I told them that they would be getting their own iPad?  Yes, the roof just about flew off.  Ever since then, I've been fielding hundreds of questions a day about the iPads.  On Friday afternoon, we had the education guy from Apple come to run a staff professional development session about how we can use them (all teachers have iPads and MacBooks ... cool, right?)  It was exciting, kind of like the room was filled with kids, not mature adults.  The app I was most excited about was one for me, not the kids ... Songza.  If you like music and you don't have this app, you need it.  Now.  It's free.  As you can see from the above screen shot, the concierge offers you a choice of music for different activities you might be doing on a Saturday evening.  Once you've chosen an activity, it gives you another selection of the type of music you might like then pumps out a random playlist of that kind of music.  Awesome.  I'm addicted.  Oh, and I did learn a ton of cool stuff to do with the kids as well!

No comments: