Wednesday 17 November 2010

Discovering new things ...

Moving to a new apartment is like discovering a whole new world.  It's fun setting up a new home and exploring the new neighbourhood.  Lovely discoveries I've made in my new home have been the joys of having a big bath tub and the views over the Manly Oval where I've been motivated by all sorts of sports training sessions.  In Manly itself, I've enjoyed finding new ways to walk to work as well as re-discovering the fun places I found last year.

Discovering new things also means finding out about the not-so-pleasant things.  In my apartment, I've discovered that the air conditioning is incredibly noisy and that if I keep the balcony door open for fresh air, I can't hear myself think due to the noisy traffic below.  In the area, I've discovered that the beautiful park opposite my apartment building is a regular hangout for the homeless citizens of Manly.

But, the one that takes the cake is the discovery of the regular Wednesday night bagpipe band practice on Manly Oval, directly opposite my apartment.  When the bagpipes first sounded at 9 o'clock last Wednesday night, I hoped that it would be a one off.  But, no.  It seems I'll be blessed with 50+ bagpipe players every Wednesday night.  Now, I just need to 'discover' where my ear plugs are hidden.

No comments: