Thursday 25 November 2010

A night at the Opera House ...

What a spectacular location for a theatre company

As I wrote about yesterday, I went to see a play, 'The Grenade', last night.  It was the first time I've been to the Opera House to see a performance and I've decided that it is definitely a special place to visit.  It was a warm evening and there was a happy, 'summer is nearly here' vibe in the air as I walked from the ferry wharf to the Opera House, with the view of the Harbour bridge keeping me company along the way.  The play was great and I was so excited to see Gary McDonald on stage.  I've always loved watching him in old re-runs of 'Mother and Son' ('The Norman Gunston Show' is just a bit before my time!) so I was thrilled to see him on stage.  The only odd thing about the evening was going by myself.  I don't have a problem going to dinner or to the movies etc. by myself but it felt a bit weird to go to the theatre alone.  Especially as I like to dress up for the theatre.  However, I soon managed to get over that and loved my first trip to the theatre at the Sydney Opera House.

No comments: