Friday 26 November 2010

Green School ...


Yesterday, I stumbled across this TED talk about 'Green School' in Bali.  The talk by the founder, John Hardy, showed just what is possible when someone has a vision and has the passion and dedication to follow it through.  Take the time (13 minutes and 36 seconds to be exact) to watch and listen to this talk as it shows some beautiful images of the 'Green School' and its students.  After watching the talk, I was inspired to find out more about the school, so I visited the Green School website, which is equally as inspiring.  Always on the look out for new and exciting places where I could live/work, I clicked on the 'Teach at Green School' link, where teachers are invited to write a compelling story describing why the school should consider them for a position.  I wonder how many schools use this kind of method to employ staff.  Not many, I guess.  But then again, this is a very unique school indeed.

No comments: