Thursday 11 November 2010

The work routine ...

View towards Manly beach

Everyone loves holidays.  It's a fact.  But the truth is, it's easy to miss work (and the accompanying routine it brings) when you're on holidays.  So, after 2 weeks off, it was nice to get back into the Australian school routine.  Here, my work week runs from Tuesday to Saturday and my 'in-school' day starts at 8.30 am and finishes at 3 pm.  Plus, I normally do an hour or so of planning and other 'school' stuff outside of those times.  My favourite thing about my work routine ... apart from reading in the sun with the kids of course ... is the walk to and from work.  The walk (or stroll in the mornings when I'm still waking up) is about 20 minutes long and takes me along Manly beach, past the cliffs on the way to Shelley beach and up the road past all the multi-million dollar houses to my very own multi-million dollar 'school room'.  What a place to work ... it's almost like being on holidays.

View towards the smaller (and prettier and quieter) Shelley beach

No comments: