Monday 22 November 2010

A much needed visit to Melbourne ...

Great food, great wine, great atmosphere and of course, great company ... dinner at Movida with my baby brother

A few weeks ago, I ummed and ahhed about whether or not a trip to Melbourne before Christmas was being extravagant.  But, given the cheap cost of flights these days and the fact that I was feeling a bit flat in Sydney, a trip to Melbourne was just what I needed.  I spent the weekend catching up with family and friends, eating too much delicious food (including two serves of my grandmother's delicious trifle ... ah, comfort food!) and drinking my way through several bottles of white wine and Tasmanian bubbles.  Yesterday, I visited some old colleagues at MGS and MLC and loved hearing about new teaching ideas to try and catching up on school gossip.  Now, I'm back in Sydney feeling re-energised and enthusiastic about work and life.  But ... I'm still really looking forward to my trip to Melbourne for Christmas. 

No comments: