Thursday 14 July 2011

Chinese signs ...

I just love Chinese signs.  Some are written using Chinglish and some are just plain funny.  I particularly love the way the Chinese are just so joyful in their descriptions of things.  For example, the common signs that warn people not to step on the grass are written with such positive wording like, 'Please do not disturb the growing grass' or 'Shhh, the grass is sleeping.'  Here is a selection of signs that I saw around Shanghai, Wuxi and Suzhou last week.  Enjoy.

An intelligent phone?

Not quite, but nearly Paris

This way to the Fun Dazzle

This is what you get at this restaurant at the Shanghai Hongqiao train station

My kind of bar

Wedding photo shop

Love your life?

Oh yummy!

This one had me totally stumped!  Zhongshan Park metro station security check

Only in China

Tart Master - Portuguese egg tarts,  mmmmmm

Expensive real estate?  

a
Modest?

Mail to the future

Entrance to the People's Park - it's civilised!

I'm not quite sure what 1000 package means, but this hole-in-the-wall's dumplings were damn fine

Dedicated to what?  Shanghai Pudong airport

No comments: