Tuesday 19 July 2011

A flying trip to Suzhou ...

Main canal on Ping Jiang Lu

While C and I were in China, I was really keen to share some of my old world with him and have him experience new cities.  Our short time framed allowed us a flying visit out of Shanghai to visit my old home city of Wuxi (more on that later) and Suzhou, the prettiest canal city (in my opinion) and also the home of my dear friends P, V and their new baby boy, S.  We arrived in the late afternoon and went for a stroll along Ping Jiang Lu, a famous (and touristy) canal street in downtown Suzhou.  Following our stroll, we met up with P and V for teppanyaki, before heading to a new Belgian pub for drinks.  It was so lovely to catch up with old friends at the same time as showing Cameron a 'new' part of China.

Canal off Ping Jiang Lu

Old wall

Ducks on a leash

Pretty!

Just hanging out next to the canal

Old man practicing his instrument in an open doorway

Old walls

Beer from Belgium with the Belgian ... yes, that is beer in my champagne glass - I may have found a new favourite!

No comments: