Thursday 21 July 2011

Hao chi (delicious) ...

I adore Chinese food.  It's definitely one of my favourite types of food, so I was thrilled that I could spend a whole week gorging myself on the cheap, tasty and MSG-laden cuisine.  Every day, I grazed on street food during the day and ate huge dinners in the evening, washed down with a Tsingdao of course!  I'm normally particularly fussy about setting up food photos but I've become a little more slack about it lately.  So, excuse the poor photos, but, if you enjoy Chinese food, I hope they make you salivate with the deliciousness of all the dishes!

Spinach and egg dumplings, sweet & sticky pork and tomato & egg

Tofu & veggies and hot candied apple

Spicy fish in oil

Chicken & green peppers

Shrimp dumplings

Green beans - probably the best Chinese dish ever invented!  And, oh so simple

A new favourite - cold rice noodles with chilli and vinegar ... a popular hot weather snack

Soup dumplings and BBQ pork buns

Coconut cake

Soft shell crab

Mandarin flavoured pork balls

I'm not quite sure what this is, but it was delivious!

Tiramisu with chopsticks!  (and it was frozen too ... weird)

I adore these - Portuguese egg tarts

Suzhou fish ... looks gross, tasted delicious

One of my all-time favourites - ma po tofu (tofu and mince in a spicy sauce)

Red bean paste dessert - yum!

Deep fried egg and spinach cake-type thing

70c dumplings ... 

... and this is the street-side restaurant where I got the above dumplings

Hot shredded potato

By the way, the much anticipated visit to Uberfood with C was a non-event.  Unfortunately, it was closed for the summer, despite their assurances to my friend, P that they would be open. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

No comments: