Wednesday 28 September 2011

Calgary Tower ...

The Saddledome

On Monday, 7 year old R took me to the Calgary Tower, a revolving restaurant, for lunch.  I'd been before and it's a fun experience for the kids.  The food is terrible, but the views are amazing.  We were there for quite some time, so managed to 'revolve' twice, seeing Calgary from every angle, including the river, downtown and out towards the Rockies.  We then went down to the Observation Deck where R delighted in seeing her teacher too scared to step out onto the glass floor over the street, approximately 190 m above the ground.  I've dined in the Calgary Tower twice now, once with each of my students, but I don't think I'll be hurrying back, despite the amazing views.

Autumn colours and the mountains

The Bow, which will be the tallest building in Calgary when it is done
The Bow River

No comments: