Friday 16 September 2011

Goodbye Salt Spring Island ...

Glassy water this morning

Today is my last day on 'the island' with 'the family.'  I fly out on the 1.20pm seaplane.  Last night, I ticked off one final island 'must-do' ... jump off the rocks into the water and have a swim.  It took much encouragement from fearless 11 year old  B, who put me to shame with his somersaults and twists as he dove into the f r e e z i n g water.  I took one jump and lasted all of 2-3 minutes in the water before I hurried to the other end of the island to warm myself up in the hot tub.  Next time I'm in the Gulf Islands, it will likely be as a holidaymaker and not as 'the teacher.'  And who knows when that will be since there is so much of this big country to see.  So, until then, goodbye Salt Spring Island!

No comments: