Friday 30 September 2011

My low-alcohol journey ...

Some of you may be wondering how my quest to limit the amount of alcohol I drink is going.  Well, I can happily say that I am now down to drinking just one beer each day ...




Just kidding.  After my bout of pancreatitis attack, I took a month off drinking and since then have had fairly strict rules about when I drink.  But, rules were meant to be broken, weren't they?!  So, they're more like guidelines.  Firstly, I try to only drink on Friday and Saturday nights.  I try to only drink 1-2 drinks if I'm at home or 2-3 if it's an evening out.  Which means that I'll be practicing lots of self control at the Grand Final tonight - it will be a long night from the time we get there early to snare a table and the end of the evening when I'll be singing the Geelong theme song loud and proud.  And, it would be un-Australian not to have a beer or two at the footy, wouldn't it?!


No comments: