Wednesday 7 September 2011

Island time!

Our classroom yesterday afternoon

Yesterday, I began my journey to work nice and early - I caught a 7am flight to Vancouver, followed by an 8.45am seaplane flight to Ganges and then got picked up in a speedboat.  By 9.30am, I was settled in my island home and ready to teach.  We will be here on the island for two weeks and I'm determined to make the most of every minute, since it is likely that this will be my last time living and working on Deadman Island.  The weather is going to be spectacular, so each day after I finish work, I'm planning to head to the 'mainland' that is Ganges and have a little adventure.  Yesterday, I got dropped off at the yacht club and from there, I walked into town, hung out on the lawn with the hippies, bought some veggies at the farmers market and ended the afternoon with an early dinner and a glass of wine at the Treehouse cafe.  Ah, it's easy to slip into life on the island!

No comments: