Saturday 21 March 2009

Anger management.....

About to begin facial and manicure.

Everything just seemed to catch up with me yesterday. By the end of the day, I was ready to hit someone, swear loudly or cry. In fact, I did the swearing and crying.

How spoilt, a manicure whilst having a facial.
Hmmm, so there is my little work related whinge. But the purpose of writing this is not to moan, but to tell you how I dealt with my anger, frustration and upset feelings. It may sound like I'm gloating as I write about the luxuries of an expat lifestyle, but it's all part of living in China, so I will write about it.

Cocktails and Japanese food, yum!

When I got home from school, I thought a run would fix all my problems, but having had very sore legs from already running a lot, a friend called and invited me for a facial and a manicure. Much more relaxing! So, we headed down to her regular beauty salon and spent an enjoyable hour and a half being pampered for a fraction of the price it would be at home. Then, it was off to Yuya for a celebratory dinner with Amy (she has accepted a new teaching position in the hard-to-break-into Hong Kong market), using my raffle prize. We enjoyed a range of delicious Japanese food, all washed down with berry and lychee cocktails and bubbles. We ended our meal by sharing the panna cotta, one of the yummiest desserts in Wuxi.

OMG, Uberfood black forest cake - YUM!
This morning, I felt a lot better (despite a small headache due to the drinks from last night), but still decided that more luxurious relaxation was required to ward off negative thoughts about work. So, Amy and I headed off to Uberfood for brunch. We only intended to order one dish and maybe a dessert, but due to a little miscommunication, we ended up with a 5 course brunch. It was absolutely delicious - a pastry basket, scrambled egg with bacon, lamb salad, sorbets, chicken and beans followed by what is definitely the best dessert in Wuxi - Uberfood black forest cake. Yum! Then, it was home for an afternoon nap and I may follow it up with 2 hours worth of massage this afternoon. Ahhhhh, it's a tough life!

No comments: