Saturday 28 March 2009

Finding our own entertainment in Wuxi ......

90 minute foot massage with a chick flick.

Finding entertainment in Wuxi is sometimes hard to do, so yesterday, Amy and I set out to find our own entertainment in 'normal' Wuxi events. The day began with 3 hours worth of massage - an excellent way to deal with tiredness from having a late night. We began with a 90 minute foot massage whilst watching a chick flick followed by a 90 minute full body oil massage, which is where the giggles began - who would have thought that the words 'boobies' and 'fart' could provide so much laughter to two intelligent, mature girls in their twenties and their Chinese masseurs?!

Comfy outdoor chairs. BBQ anyone?
The giggles then continued as we made our way to Metro, a huge wholesale supermarket on the outskirts of Wuxi. I only make it out here about once a month, to stock up on Western things such as tins of baked beans, herbs, cheese, yoghurt and more recently, organic vegetables (although I'm a little suspicious of their real origins, I'm not taking my chances after hearing about the treatment of regular vegetables). Sometimes, you find some real treats - yesterday I found smoked salmon, blueberries and Easter eggs! The closest I'll get to camping in China I think! Washing the windows. So, the silliness continued as we shopped and searched for silly photo opportunities, much to the amusement of our fellow shoppers. To end the day, a group of us headed to Blue Bar for a quiet dinner before an early night. Am already looking forward to next weekend, when I head to Beijing for four days - two for fun and two for work.
My favourite aisle, the 'Imported Candy and Chocolate' aisle where I discovered Easter eggs!
A new addiction - Swiss Miss hot chocolate.
The Australian wine collection - we want it all!
Weight lifting baked beans.
Mince?!
Fresh fish?!
Hmmm, unidentifiable food.
Rice anyone?
Mmmmmm, a normal shopping trip!
Keep running Amy - those chips are within reach!
Rehydration is very important.

2 comments:

Fi said...

I'm glad to see your tongue has finally made an appearance in this blog (in the easter eggs photo) - now you just need to find a tongue competitor (as do I - I didn't enter any tongue-length competitions at last year's preso night, your absence was sorely missed)!!

Anna Davidson said...

Don't worry Fi, the tongue has made several appearances here in China! Unfortunately, the Chinese don't find it as funny as we do!