Thursday 5 March 2009

Dreaming of sun, sand and surf ...

The rain has finally stopped in Wuxi - I think it may have all gone to Melbourne, which is a blessing for the bushfires. However, it didn't take the smog with it, so although the sun is 'out', it isn't really, just trying to shine through the smog.
The sun tries to peek through the smog this morning.

However, I have sunny days and blue skies to look forward to in exactly 7 weeks because Amy and I have booked our holiday to the Phillippines for the May 'Spring Festival' holiday. We managed to find ridiculously cheap flights - return flights to Manila and the domestic flights to the island for $600. We will be staying on an island called Borocay, at a stunning resort (http://www.asya-boracay.com/main/). A holiday at the beach is exactly what I need to look forward to because all my holidays here have been action packed, I'm looking forward to relaxing on the beach with a pile of books next to me.

1 comment:

Amy Martin said...

Ditto! Bring on that sleepy, relaxing, fun filled, reading, walking, lazing holiday with sunny, blue skied days and crystal clear water...oohhhhhh yeeeaahhhhhh! xo