Friday 6 March 2009

We come from a land down under .....

Bubbles fix all ailments!

It was with a little bit of reluctance that I headed out last night, I've been feeling a little under the weather the last few days, think I have finally caught a winter cold, complete with burning chest. I thought that going for a run may get it out of my system, but no, it just made it worse. So, dosed up on vitamin C, I headed out to numb my throat with bubbles.

Another girl to add to our circle - Sam from NZ.

Who threw that coaster?!

The Australians and New Zealanders were out in force last night, outnumbering the Germans in Wuxi for once. One minute it was just us girls on the dance floor and the next, as the band began playing Men at Work, a whole heap of Australian and NZ business men joined us for a down under dance. What a lot of fun!

Although Tony looks like he is asleep, he is actually deep in thought, requesting songs.
YMCA anyone?
As is the nature of expat communities, people come and go fairly frequently, so we were joined by some new friends last night - Sam from NZ and Micaela from Finland. It's always nice to meet new people, particularly people that you wouldn't necessarily meet if you were in your home country.
Gorgeous singer. What big beers you have! And what concentration is required to drink them!
The Paulaner was once again a fun way to spend a Friday night. It's quite an unexpected place to spend a Friday night as it is more like a restaurant but the addition of a band changes that immediately. It's a great place to have dinner while listening to some mellow live music before the band breaks into some more upbeat tunes for a bit of a dance. I'm not a huge fan of night clubs, so it's fun to go to a place where you can have a few drinks, a dance and still actually hear people when you are chatting. The night clubs are good to meet new people though, so I feel obliged to go every now and again. Last night I decided to go for a drink at SoHo but promptly left when the only westerners in the club were older men leering at and grinding against the Chinese girls - ewwwwww.

Tony and Gunnar having a dance. Even Pete was dancing!

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend - have to prepare for a parent presentation next week, will chat to my family tonight and then Amy and I are heading off for my birthday surprise day tomorrow.....I have no idea what it may involve, it's very intriguing!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Anna Davidson said...

Glad you're enjoying it goooooooood girl!!